Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hidden Valley - My 13th Painting


This was another of Tvpainter Michael Thompson's great tutorials. I followed along as Michael shared tips and techniques on his tutorial.
Michael, pass on a note of gratitude to your participating students. I found myself sighing along as I struggled to achieve what you do so effortlessly.

Painted with oils on 45cm x 60cm canvas.

Critique

I'm still struggling with layering of paints but I think I finally understand what is happening here. More on that with the next series as I attempt to fix my problems. In the meanwhile, if you can share some tips, please feel free to contact me here or offline. Some of the trees are still looking like a mess. I do like the blue of the lake and shore line as well as the foreground shrubs. What I like in this painting is that I can still see so much room for improvement and have some idea as to how/what I would do differently next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment