Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sandy Lake


In my latest oil painting on 45cm x 60cm canvas I wanted to try my hand at mountains again and also take another opportunity to practice my layers with trees.

Critique
I'm making a little progress on the layering of trees but still have a tendency to muddy them up a little. I was looking at some landscapes the other day and I thought of a couple of things that may assist so I'm looking forward to the next attempt.

I'm happy for the most part on the way the mountains came out, but I feel the next painting i can be a little less heavy handed to produce a more realistic finish. The cottage came out ok but i could have focused on the bank of the lake and get a smoother transition to the shore line. The sandy beach looks great if it was a beach LOL... i should have toned it down a little more to depict a lake shore a little better.

All in all, I'm happy with the painting. Still see tons of room for improvement and I also see improvement in every painting, so on to the next one.

Oh yeah, this is also my favourite cloud to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment